The stats are in! Energy Efficiency Day 2019 was a success! Hundreds of organizations, companies and local governments, including WexEnergy, showcased the benefits of energy efficiency—reduced energy bills, 2.3 million-plus jobs, and cutting carbon emissions.
Here are a few of Energy Efficiency Day’s accomplishments from their website:
- The United States Senate unanimously passed a bipartisan resolution declaring October 2, 2019 Energy Efficiency Day.
- 43 state and local governments issued their own proclamations, spreading the message of energy efficiency to more than 144 million Americans.
- 7500 individuals and 580 major supporting organizations signed on in support of Energy Efficiency Day, including businesses (54 percent) and non-profits (22 percent) — an increase from 350 in 2018.
- There were over 200+ articles, blogs, press releases, and videos posted before, on, and after Energy Efficiency Day.
- 37 million impressions, 11.5 million users, and 7,000 posts mentioned the #EEDay2019 hashtag from September 1 – October 8, 2019. And on October 2nd, the #EEDay2019 hashtag trended nationally on Twitter at No. 32, and in 82 cities including Chicago, Boston, and Washington D.C.
Let us know what you have been doing to be more energy efficient in your everyday life!